Status
Not open for further replies.

MonsterBash

Cadet
So I'm completely stumped.

I'm running 8.0.1 (I also tried 7.4) AMD64

Loaded freeNAS on a 74 GB SSD Intel drive
Added the driver to the loader.conf file for the 10G AR Intel NICs

Assigned a static IP to both 10GB NIC (10.0.0.23 & 24 SUB /24)
Using a notebook I can ping both address..I can also ping the notebook from the NAS

When I tried to log in VIA the web UI I get timed out..on either 23 or 24

I've tried IE8, IE9, Firefox 7.0.1 and Chrome (not sure the latest..just DLed it)

I've tried 3 different notebook
The closest I came to a successful log in was getting the FreeNAS dashboard...but everything I clicked on just said 'loading' and would never come up.

So what exactly am I doing wrong?

MonsterBash

Cadet
So it looks like a switch issue. I have a brand new SuperMicro SSE-g24-tg4 3 layer switch.

When I use a standard 10/100 switch it works fine

Any idea what I need to do to the SM switch..it doesn't have a built in firewall

UPDATE: I was only able to log in once...the second attempt failed even after rebooting the NAS

MonsterBash

Cadet
Some more Information...

It seems that everything is pointing to the Intel Dual Port 10G card as the issue.

If I don't assign the 10GB an IP address and just use the onboard NIC for the web GUI everything works fine. Once I assign them an IP I can't log into the Web GUI anymore...even using the same onboard NIC and adding that IP address to the setting in FreeNas for he WebGUI

Anyone have any idea on this?

MonsterBash

Cadet
Openfiler works fine...I'm guessing there is a bug in FreeNas or the FreeBSD for the 10GB card

Status
Not open for further replies.