Can't install unsupported channels/plug-ins in Plex

Status
Not open for further replies.

my95z34

Explorer
So, I just set up FreeNAS yesterday, got all of my files moved back, and set up Plex. I have plex on my main desktop and want to transfer my watched statuses and whatnot. Easiest way I've found is to use the Trakt.tv channel (use it already to sync watched statuses between XBMC and Plex. But I cannot for the life of me get the bundle to transfer into the Plug-ins folder. I've tried it via ssh, with and without sudo, by copying it inside of Nemo via ssh, and even opened a terminal inside the jail and copied it. If I do it without sudo I get a permissions denied. With sudo and terminal inside the jail it appears to succeed, but the bundle isn't at the destination. No errors to explain why it doesn't end up.

Is there an easier way to do this? I feel like I'm making it harder than it really is... Lol

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

cyberjock

Inactive Account
You should be asking the Plex people how to do this. There's no telling what steps you have to take to get the desired result.

my95z34

Explorer
You should be asking the Plex people how to do this. There's no telling what steps you have to take to get the desired result.
I don't think it's as much a Plex issue as it is a FreeNAS jails issue. I've installed the plug-in before, I know how to do it. I am copying a file into the jail but it never goes. The fact that it's a plex jail should be irrelevant.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Technically FreeNAS jails are nothing more than FreeBSD. There's nothing particularly unique about "FreeNAS jail" except the fact that it's mostly automated for users via a few mouse-clicks.

my95z34

Explorer
Technically FreeNAS jails are nothing more than FreeBSD. There's nothing particularly unique about "FreeNAS jail" except the fact that it's mostly automated for users via a few mouse-clicks.
I realize this, lol. That's why I'm confused as to why I'm unable to copy a file into the jail, by multiple means.

my95z34

Explorer
So, with more tinkering, I've found out that it seems the -r option isn't working to some extent. I can create the directories and copy each file one by one without issue. I also tried -rv and the output looks like everything is being copied, but nothing ends up in the destination.... sooooo IDK, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.