Cant install Plex - ffmpeg Failed to Install

victort

Guru
Hello,
I have the same problem did you find the solution please ?
The solution is to not use plugins. Please read the articles posted above. Plugins are a dead feature and will go away completely in 2025.

The best solution is to use the plex install script linked in my signature.

kyzzo

Cadet
hello i have the same problem , when i try to install the script i get
1703609475675.png

wanders78746

Cadet
Is there a solution to the previous two script failures? I'm about ready to pull the trigger on this install script, but it looks like there is an issue regarding building 13.1-RELEASE jails...

wanders78746

Cadet
@victort, thanks again for the script and support. This seems to be a really efficient way to run a Plex Media Server jail. During my installation, the media didn't install correctly, but that was trivial to fix post-build. I really like the ability to upgrade Plex and not lose metadata.

Neonkore

Dabbler
Hi @victort , I've been trying to modify your script to install to no avail. I cannot for the life of me resolve the package.
My DNS is set, and I can ping successfully (set a static IP in the interface rather than DHCP).

Error message is below. I'd appreciate any ideas. PS I'm a complete TrueNAS noob.

Code:
Successfully added mount to pms's fstab
Successfully added mount to pms's fstab
Bootstrapping pkg from pkg+http://pkg.FreeBSD.org/FreeBSD:13:amd64/latest, please wait...
pkg: Error fetching http://pkg.FreeBSD.org/FreeBSD:13:amd64/latest/Latest/pkg.txz: Host does not resolve
Address resolution failed for http://pkg.FreeBSD.o

After install I'll have to work out how to modify for PlexPass and HW transcode (I see it's been coded out for auto deployment).

Failing that I'll jump over to Scale.

Thanks again for the script!

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
PlexPass and HW transcode
Plex dropped support for HW transcode in FreeBSD half a year ago.

If that's a must-have, SCALE is your only option.

So you will probably need the same information to fix the same problem you will have there too...

You must define the nameserver (DNS) in Network | Global Configuration (and set a default gateway there too) for jails/apps to work properly.

Neonkore

Dabbler
Thanks @sretalla . I've set the nameserver to match my ISP (and router) and default gateway also matches. I can run a custom jail with NAT but not VNET. The NAT configured jail pulls the pkg correctly.

I'll make the jump to SCALE, thanks for that information. Although I'm sure my network config issues will persist there - must be a real basic setting I'm doing incorrectly.

Whattteva

Wizard
Address resolution failed for http://pkg.FreeBSD.o
That error message looks like it's saying it can't resolve pkg.freebsd.o unless you typoed it and missed the "rg".
In any case, it is still a DNS failure. What's the output of host pkg.freebsd.org and also cat /etc/resolv.conf

Neonkore

Dabbler
Hi Whattteva

Apologies - I was lazy and truncated my copy and paste from the shell, the full address was from the script and when I manually search it, I can see those files exist, however I can't access them from the NAS.

Regarding your requests:
Code:
root@truenas[~]# host pkg.freebsd.org
pkg.freebsd.org is an alias for pkgmir.geo.freebsd.org.
pkgmir.geo.freebsd.org has address 103.2.119.197
pkgmir.geo.freebsd.org has IPv6 address 2402:9200:0:7::50:2
pkgmir.geo.freebsd.org mail is handled by 0 .
root@truenas[~]# cat /etc/resolv.conf
domain home
search home
nameserver 202.142.142.142
nameserver 202.142.142.242

Whattteva

Wizard
Huh. You are right. From that output, it looks like DNS is configured correctly. Curious, does curl google.com work? Should say something like The document has moved.

Neonkore

Dabbler
I ended up migrating to Scale and everything works perfectly. One point to note I did have to bind to the host network for Plex to be discoverable to the LAN and external through the internet, which I presume is required if not using DHCP. If anyone is reading this and has a similar issue to myself (and one other from the history of this thread) try binding IP on CORE.