Can't find fiber chanel driver for FreeBSD TrueNAS

Good afternoon!
Dear,

I have a Dell PowerEdge R720 server. I installed a Fiber Channel PCI-E network card model PLE12000 8gb. When I list installed pci devices, it shows it as none, no driver installed. I've already searched the Broadcom website and I can't find drivers for freebsd, just for Red hat, susy, windows, but nothing for freebsd. I don't know what else to do to make Truenas recognize it and have the driver installed. Can someone help me please ?

1625258249540.png

jgreco

Resident Grinch
FreeNAS is not generic FreeBSD. It is an appliance, and adding drivers is not supported. Even if you might manage to wedge one in, there is good reason to expect that future system updates will break things, and it isn't a good scene.

Additionally, FreeNAS doesn't support fiber channel attached drives, although there have been various efforts to add unofficial support over the years.

Finally, a lot of the material covered in the following post is at least somewhat relevant, as the problem is a related one:

https://www.truenas.com/community/r...bas-and-why-cant-i-use-a-raid-controller.139/

HoneyBadger

actually does care
Administrator
iXsystems
TrueNAS/FreeNAS has support for QLogic FC HBAs; however, TrueNAS CORE (non-Enterprise edition) does not have any GUI or official support for serving FC LUNs.

A resource was written on how to manually enable and configure FC for CTL, but it's entirely a Your Mileage May Vary option.

If you're hoping to serve FC LUNs from your TrueNAS machine, start with a QLogic HBA (QLE24xx or QLE25xx work well) or anything else using the isp(4) driver: