Can't Enable DHCP for Jail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voideka

Cadet
I'm a new user and trying to set up a jail through the web interface. Initially I had created a jail and set it to DHCP, though I never got to test it out before updating to FreeNAS-9.10.1. I was going to set it up today, but the jail refused to start -- I would click the start button, a message would appear saying "Jail successfully started", but nothing would happen (I refreshed the page as well because the UI seems to update before changes actually occur so statuses don't change). I restarted the server itself, and still could not get the jail to start, so I deleted it. I've also tried putting it on a different dataset.

On creating a new jail I went to Advanced Mode to enable DHCP for IPv4, but the box won't change state. I created the jail anyway and went into Edit Jail to try to enable it, but it the box still does nothing when clicked. Any idea what I'm missing?

Nick2253

Wizard
A shot in the dark, but I recall reading something about problems with MAC address conflicts. Can you confirm that the MAC is different (or try manually setting it to something different)?

Also, can you please post your hardware configuration?

Thanks!

Voideka

Cadet
I've got 2 ethernet ports, only one hooked up, and the MACs are different from each other as well at the MAC for the jail. No MACs matching the jail's in my router's connection list either.

Edit: I tried changing the MAC just for the heck of it, same thing. I click the box, it animates slightly, but doesn't check off. Oh and I've tried this through both Firefox and Chrome. Running Win10 on my main computer.

SUPERMICRO MBD-X10SL7-F-O, Crucial 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3 ECC UDIMMs, Intel Core I3-4160, SanDisk Ultra Fit 16GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive, FreeNAS-9.10.1

Last edited:

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
DHCP won't enable unless VIMAGE is on...that's not the issue is it?

Voideka

Cadet
Nope, VIMAGE is on.

Edit: Don't know if it means anything, but I actually saw the check mark show up ion the box before it unchecked itself.

Edit 2: So I activated the 9.10 boot environment from before I updated to 9.10.1 and DHCP works again. Seems like a bug with 9.10.1 then?

Last edited:

Ajedi32

Dabbler
I believe I'm experiencing this issue as well. Just to be clear, when I try to check the DHCP checkbox on my jail, the box remains checked only for a split second before some kind of JavaScript on the page immediately unchecks it.

As a workaround, it seems I can write the string "DHCP" in the "IPv4 address" field under "Advanced", and after that I am once again able to check the DHCP checkbox without it being immediately unchecked.

melloa

Wizard
I believe I'm experiencing this issue as well. Just to be clear, when I try to check the DHCP checkbox on my jail, the box remains checked only for a split second before some kind of JavaScript on the page immediately unchecks it.

As a workaround, it seems I can write the string "DHCP" in the "IPv4 address" field under "Advanced", and after that I am once again able to check the DHCP checkbox without it being immediately unchecked.

Yes, I've posted that workaround some time ago and, if I'm not mistaken, open a bug ticket.

Saw that two or three months ago when testing, but haven't been running jails for some time. Upon testing, I can confirm that the DHCP checkbox won't check on my system as well:"

upload_2016-10-30_21-34-26.png

If you type the word "DHCP" in the IPv4 Address, the checkbox became available:

upload_2016-10-30_21-36-28.png

If more people confirms, a bug ticket should be open.

Attachments

• upload_2016-10-30_21-33-9.png
    upload_2016-10-30_21-33-9.png
    569.5 KB · Views: 197

melloa

Wizard
D

dlavigne

It's marked private as it includes a debug. Here's a screenshot that doesn't include the debug:

example.png

melloa

Wizard
Status
Not open for further replies.