Can't delete jail dataset

Status
Not open for further replies.

axg20202

Cadet
I have a jail that was deleted but the dataset remains and can't be deleted. Within the GUI, I get the following error when I try to delete it:

"cannot destroy 'main_volume/jails/plex': filesystem has dependent clones use '-R' to destroy the following datasets: main_volume/jails/.warden-template-standard-11.0-x64"

Can someone help a complete noob fix this? Not sure how to apply the -R command. Have tried to destroy the dataset at the command line by SSH with no joy.

scrappy

Patron
Do you have any storage attached to the jail? If so, delete it and try again.

Attachments

• jail-storage.png
    jail-storage.png
    17.8 KB · Views: 368

axg20202

Cadet
Unfortunately not. The jail is deleted so no longer listed in jails, and no jail storage is listed for it either. However, the dataset for the jail is still listed as a volume. Can’t delete it.

D

dlavigne

"cannot destroy 'main_volume/jails/plex': filesystem has dependent clones use '-R' to destroy the following datasets: main_volume/jails/.warden-template-standard-11.0-x64"

That is what is preventing it. You'll need to figure out which snapshot or clone is still referring to it.

Devilstompa

Dabbler
I'm having the same problem with the jail not deleting. I did delete it from storage tho

Mr_N

Patron
I've never used jails and have a jails dataset, is it possible its a default thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.