Can't connect to network HD (on windows)

Lirancoh85

Cadet
Hi There,

So I have been using the freenas/truenas for a few years now, (custom built), version - TrueNAS-12.0-U8.1

A few days ago I tried to download some new content to the hard drives and then I realized that I have no permissions ( Yes, SUDDENLY ), Tried to log in to the FREENAS folders through the network section on windows 10 and password/credentials are wrong ?!?!

Tried to change the passwords and remove them from the credentials manager but again no success.

Just to be clear, Truenas is working fine, and I can stream content through PLEX, but can't add anymore content.

Any Ideas where to begin ? or what to do ?

n.b I'm positive that I didn't forget the password, It just doesn't work for some reason.

Thank you

Morris

Contributor
Go over your folder rights for the accounts and/or groups involved. Check the readme files for the recent updates you have done. There have been some security improvements.

LarsR

Guru
Are you using root to connect the the network drive? If yes that's no longer supported since a few versions.
Try creating a dedicated user, give that user permissions on the Datasets and try connecting with it.