Can't add zvol to VM after flashing Linux image

eatapoptart

Cadet
I am trying to add RaveOS(linux) to my Scale server as a VM because bare metal isnt really an option right now.
I originally tried to pass through a usb drive with the image flashed onto it but the vm doesn't seem to like booting from a usb stick. I then tried to flash a zvol with the image but after flashing it the zvol doesn't show up in any of the drop downs. I can't create a vm with an existing zvol and I can't add a disk device for the same reason. I'm not sure what changes after the flash to stop it from showing up.
1702415843320.png

0ooonk shows up for the vm but bwz9v doesn't. I used iSCSI on bwz9v to use a raw copy tool to make the linux image on the zvol then removed the zvol from iSCSI.

I also want to pass through a mining gpu (cmp 170hx) but when I do the vm won't start because of a bus problem.
[EFAULT] internal error: qemu unexpectedly closed the monitor: 2023-12-12T21:09:04.793520Z qemu-system-x86_64: -device vfio-pci,host=0000:02:00.0,id=hostdev0,bus=pci.0,addr=0x7: vfio 0000:02:00.0: group 1 is not viable Please ensure all devices within the iommu_group are bound to their vfio bus driver.
I don't know if its a driver issue because getting a windows driver was a whole thing for this card.
The main problem for now is the zvol disappearing thing as I can't figure out what makes it happen.
The server uses a 10900 and has 128gb of ram. It also contains a 970 for plex transcoding.

eatapoptart

Cadet
I was able to boot through the usb by passing the usb hub the drive was connected to to the vm and mashing f2 to get into the bios then selecting the usb drive in boot manager. The only thing about that is that it seems that Ill have to go into the bios everytime the vm starts.
Now the only thing i can't figure out is the GPU passthrough. The CMP 170hx shows up as an Nvidia 3D Controller and not available from nvidia. I assume Truenas Scale is missing the driver for this card as its a niche card. I still get the above error for iommu group. I can't find what else may be part of the group for the card and have tried isolating the card.
Any help with this passthrough thing would be great as I really don't want to buy another pc.