can't add iscsi extent

Status
Not open for further replies.

chukker

Cadet
Hi all,

I'm using FreeNAS 9.1.1 (32GB memory, amd64, 2 six disk raidz2 vdevs) and am unable to add new iscsi extents. The "Add Extent" box appears with a progress indicator, but eventually it times out with the message "Sorry, an error occurred." Adding a target or associated target works fine.

I've looked in /var/log/messages, but don't see anything.

This used to work fine, and all the changes I've made seem like they shouldn't cause this (adding users, adding zfs datasets, even adding zvols (although if I can't use them for iscsi storage that doesn't help much). Unfortunately this has been going on for a couple weeks, so I don't remember if there was a particular event that triggered this.

Does anyone have ideas, or suggestions on other logs I should be looking at?

Thanks.

chukker

Cadet
Well, after a power outage and hard reboot, I'm apparently able to add iscsi extents again. It takes a while, about a minute or two for the initial modal to appear, and another minute or two to save, but I've successfully added two targets, extents, and associated targets. Adding a target and associated target is almost instant, however.

I'm still on 9.1.1. I'm traveling, and wasn't comfortable upgrading remotely without physical access. I'll update the thread if anything is improved with 9.2. I'm still curious about debugging this if anyone has any ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.