Cant add bridge to wan port

Kieeps

Dabbler
So i was going to add a bridge to the wan interface that i could use for a opnsense VM, it allows me to create the bridge but whenever i reboot the gui becomes unreachable, is there something i have to do?

If i try to create the bridge and move the IP settings to the bridge it doesn't even let me save the settings since it becomes unreachable on the test.

MadMungo

Dabbler
I have the same problem. It was working OK in Beta.2 but every time I try to setup a bridge the GUI becomes unusable. I have to plug in a monitor and delete the bridge and reboot to get access to the GUI again.

I followed this post to setup the bridge.

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
I have the same problem. It was working OK in Beta.2 but every time I try to setup a bridge the GUI becomes unusable. I have to plug in a monitor and delete the bridge and reboot to get access to the GUI again.

I followed this post to setup the bridge.
Please "report a bug"... if something was working in Beta.2 and not in RC.1, its seems likely this is a bug.

Kieeps

Dabbler
soo... i created a VM and replicated the problem, so i tried to do the same in CORE, and i ran in to the same problem.
But when i set Promiscuous to allow all in virtualbox network config and now it works on both scale and core, i have a bridge set up with the IP set to it.

I just dont know how to achieve this outside of a VM :confused:

hesit8

Cadet
I have the same problem.

I have figured out a workaround:
After making the wan bridge(s) with no ip's configured enter 0 for the test config time and hit test, you will be disconnected, reboot the server via ipmi or physical access and the settings should now be saved and working. This is annoying and now anytime I change or make a bridge I have to go through the same process. I believe entering 0 for the test time skips the testing phase and saves the changes.

Kieeps

Dabbler
You can enter cli in the terminal and accept the changes during the test phase, this did work for me aswell... But once I rebooted the gui was once again unreachable.
I can reach the server with ssh and other methods, it's just the http that breaks

Last edited:

hesit8

Cadet
You can enter cli in the terminal and accept the changes during the test phase, this did work for me aswell... But once I rebooted the gui was once again unreachable.
I can reach the server with ssh and other methods, it's just the http that breaks
thats weird, did you already make a bridge for lan traffic with a static ip before making the wan bridge?

Kieeps

Dabbler
I did not, i created a bridge without IP, then attached it to the wan port. And that only works intill I reboot, if i add an IP to that bridge it won't go through the test phase

engineerdj

Dabbler
Anyone have any luck with this? Having the same issues as others. Cannot assign WAN port IP because it's already in use. Try to attach WAN port to bridge, GUI becomes unresponsive. Only solution is to delete the bridge through the console.