Can't access Win2k8 DFS FreeNAS share from Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

swizzle

Cadet
hello world! First FreeNAS post.
I've recently set up my first FreeNAS server, joined to Active Directory with the idea of slowly replacing Windows File Server with FreeNAS. The setup:
- Created FreeNAS SMB shares with volume permission type set to Windows
- User and group volume permissions set to AD user and Domain User group
- In DFS Management, namespace called HUB exists with several folders pointing to Windows 2008 file server shares.
- AD setting in FreeNAS shows mydomain.com in Kerberos Realm and Use Default Domain box is checked.

Been successful in replacing some folder targets (call it test1) that now point to FreeNAS share. Windows clients can access this share using \\mydomain.com\HUB\test1.
The problem is accessing this same share from my Linux server that's also joined to AD. The Linux box can access all existing \\mydomain.com\HUB folders via a CIFS mount using domain user credentials, however cannot enumerate the new FreeNAS test1 share. From command prompt when I cd to test1 gets a Permission denied error with the infamous question marks showing in the permissions fields.

I've tried every combination of FreeNAS permission settings I could think of, including using setfacl on FreeNAS.
In every case, the same message appears in the log.smbd file:
../source3/auth/auth.c:128(check_domain_match)
check_domain_match: Attempt to connect as user serveradmin from domain mydomain.com denied.

fstab entry:
Code:
//192.168.1.10/HUB   /dfs_shares/hub  cifs  username=serveradmin, password=password,domain=mydomain.com  0 0

serveradmin is a member of Domain Users. Also tried giving this user full control of test1 using Windows File Explorer.
I'm comfortable in both Windows and Linux, but ready to give up the ghost on this one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.