Can't access Freenas anymore from Windows laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

daicox73

Cadet
Hi, this is probably a really stupid question, so please be gentle with me.

I installed freenas 9.2.1.7 onto a HP Proliant gen7 microserver. It was working fine and then I changed my internet provider and I can no longer access the web gui from my windows laptop - my Sonos, android phone and tablet can all still access the server.

The error code according to Google chrome is Error code: ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED.

I'm not very technical so can anyone help me diagnose what has gone wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help.

gpsguy

Did you have a static IP address on your server. If not and you were using DHCP - perhaps it changed. Connect a monitor to your server and verify the IP address you are using. It should be displayed on the screen, neat the bottom.

If it's correct, try another browser like Firefox.

Sent from my phone

daicox73

Cadet
Hi gpsguy, this is why I'm a bit confused. I can access the server from my phone via google chrome with no issues. DHCP is enabled on my current router and it can see freenas in my home network when I go into the "manager" application for my wifi router

gpsguy

Can you access the webGUI from your phone or are you accessing something via a jail.

If you think the server might be using DHCP try the ones your router knows about. There are other things you could try but the best would be to see what's on the console screen.

Sent from my phone

daicox73

Cadet
Thanks gpsguy, I can access the full Web gui from my phone.

I've checked the console screen and I'm trying to access the correct ip address

gpsguy

OK - so it's probably a browser issue. Try using Firefox instead of Chrome.

Sent from my phone

daicox73

Cadet
I'll give that a go but I should also say I can't access the file shares I created through windows explorer, which I assume is totally unrelated to my browser?

gpsguy

For the 3rd time, please try a different browser, like Firefox to access the webGUI.

As far as accessing your files via Windows Explorer, then yes, that's a different problem. Frankly, had you said this up front, I probably wouldn't have gotten involved with this thread. If Firefox fixes your webGUI issue, open a new thread regarding your inability to access the shares using Windows Explorer. Describe the problem in detail and include your hardware details. For example, which Microserver (NxxL), RAM (hopefully 8-16GB), ...

I'm going to bow out of this thread now. Good luck!

daicox73

Cadet
As I said in my previous reply I will try firefox (I'm at work so I'll try it when I get home), thanks for your help. I also say that I'm not very technical but I thought the fact that I lost my CIF shares at the same time as the webgui maybe useful information - and I don't believe it's a different problem as it happened when I changed router and provider. I'm sorry I bothered you gpsguy next time I will know to give you every single detail of my set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.