Cannot set/change password

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin Lund

Cadet
FreeNAS 9.2.1.8 is my first storage-project.

It has been running for a couple of weeks now, and I have managed to setup backups of the Win7 systems in my local net.

I have created two users, but something strange has happened to them. They don´t seem to have a password anymore, and when I as root in GUI set password and permissions anew, it doesn´t have any effect. I don´t see any change on the Account/Users/username-page, the users can still not login, and the backup from their clients is blocked.

What has happened? How can root loose control like this, and how do I repair?

/ML

D

dlavigne

Did you figure this out? If not, what error do the users receive? What type of dataset and permissions have you set?

Martin Lund

Cadet
Did you figure this out? If not, what error do the users receive? What type of dataset and permissions have you set?

Well, I actually don´t know if I have figured it out?

Maybe I have wrong expectations? I did expect, that a user different from root can login through GUI and act there with his limited rights. Naturally I have created myself to be user "Test". But user Test login is rejected, system telling,that username and/or password is wrong and reminding that capital letters are significant. And this repeats itself whatever adjustment I do to user Test.

But if GUI-login is restricted to root, then I have to check further, what actions Test can perform. (As you can infer, I´m advancing in quite small steps. Reference to a suitable Beginner's Experimentation Guide would be very much appreciated.)

/ML

D

dlavigne

Oh, you mean logging into the GUI. No, only the root user can do that at this time. Last I heard, multiple admin accounts for the GUI are coming in 10.0.

Status
Not open for further replies.