Cannot send test email - DNS problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wallybanger

Contributor
Hey Guys, sorry to dredge this thread up again but I'm having the exact same problem and I don't know what the hell is wrong. I can access the console over the local network and I can see my CIFS share but I can't send out an email. I'm getting the exact same error as the OP. Can I make the Shell pump out some info that would be useful to you guys in diagnosing this problem? I believe I have my subnet mask and default gateway entered correctly so I don't know what's up....

Wallybanger

Contributor
Nevermind, got it! Looks like I forgot to add the Nameserver under Network>Global Configuration. It's working now. Ugh, the learning continues.

Wallybanger

Contributor
At least you are learning. Seen a lot of others that just never seem to learn... ;)
Ha, well the funny thing is that it seems really old school to me. Back in the day I would set up LinkSys routers and the like and they weren't very user friendly so I knew how to do most of this stuff. I guess over the years things have gotten more "idiot proof" which has made me dull. Make things idiot proof and you promote idiocy. I'm looking forward to working up to FreeBSD-level:wizard but I'm going to have a lot more stupid questions between now and then ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.