Cannot port forward to FreeNAS server's local IP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dicubexol

Cadet
Hello,

I just started using FreeNAS a few days ago, and I've encountered a bit of an issue...

For some reason I can't seem to port forward to my FreeNAS server's local IP. I have tried a few different "open port checkers" online, but they show the specified port to be closed. (NB I have given the server a static IP, which is 192.168.0.225)

Specifically, I'm trying to open ports 21 (for ftp) and 22 (for ssh). I don't think it's an issue with my modem because I can still port forward 3389 for remote desktop.

What I'm trying to do is access the FreeNAS server remotely, I can already access it and its files locally.

Here's what I have tried:
  • Plugging the FreeNAS system directly into my modem
  • Lowering firewall settings to "minimum"
  • Different ports (changing ftp and ssh ports)
  • DMZ (opening all ports for 192.168.0.225)
  • A combination of everything mentioned above
But to no avail.

Specs and Information:

The Computer:

Intel Core 2 Duo E7500
4GB of non-ECC RAM
8GB boot disk/flashdrive (Sandisk Fit)
160GB storage drive

The Network:

ISP: TWC (Time Warner Cable)
Modem: Technicolor TC8718T

What can I do to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
This can't be a legit post...........

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
What do you mean? In what way could I improve my post to make it more legitimate?
You're opening up your FreeNAS box to the internet on standard ports? This is bad in so many ways I can't even begin to describe it.

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
You're opening up your FreeNAS box to the internet on standard ports? This is bad in so many ways I can't even begin to describe it.
And the specs on the machine do not meet the minimum requirements. This whole setup screams NO.

Status
Not open for further replies.