Cannot Delete Plugin

Status
Not open for further replies.

mvincent118

Cadet
Hi:

I'm new to FreeNAS so please bear with me. I did something stupid and now I can't figure out how to fix it. I am using v9.2.1. I loaded it and configured my volume, users, groups, etc. and everythig is working great. Then I started working with plugins. I loaded and configured miniDLNA without a problem and it is also working great. Then I tried to load Firefly...

So, I attempted to load Firefly and it got about 50% of the way though and it hung. I let it sit for about 20 minutes just in case but nothing so I canceled the install. I double check the listed plugins and it was not there so I attempted to install it again. This time it went through without a problem. Unfortunately after the refresh I had two installs (Firefly_1 and Firefly_2).

Here's where my ignorance came through. I couldn't figure out how to delete the second version (Firefly_2). I know now but at the time I though deleting the jail would do it. Well now I have the plugin Firefly_2 but when I try to delete it (the delete button!) it says I need to start it first. When I try to start it it say it can't because there is not jail. I tried to recreate the jail, and I did, but it is not connected to the plugin so I keep getting the same error.

How can I delete this plugin so I can start over? Any help is greatly appreciated.

mirdragon

Dabbler
Hi,

Make sure the plugin is not working
Go into storage
You should see the jail listed under one of your volumes

ie mydata
minidlna_1
minidlna_2
Select the jail (ie minidlna_2) you wish to remove
Then click on the 'destroy dataset' (one with red cross on it)

You may need to reboot

This is my post when i had issues and how i resolved. Just bit of trial and error

mvincent118

Cadet
Hi:

Thanks for the response. Deleting the dataset is what got me into this situation in the first place and I have rebooted... several time. My problem is I do not have a jail associated with the Firefly_2 plugin and for some reason (seems odd to me) I need to start the plugin before I can delete it. When I select the plugin and select the delete button I get the error 'ERROR: The plugin jail is not running, start it before proceeding'. Why do I need to start something that I don't want in the first place? When I try to start it is tries but then I get the error 'Some error occurred' and it stops. Oh and where the plugins are listed there is a column that says Jail. For Firefly it says Firefly_2 in red if that means anything.

mvincent118

Cadet
Another update. I decided to remove all plugins and jails so I could start from scratch. All of the working plugins have been removed and I deleted all of the jails. I also rebooted. However, the Firefly plugin is still listed and I still cannot remove it. Can someone tell me what startup file this launches from? All I can think of at this point is to remove it from there.

mvincent118

Cadet
Got it! But I'm not sure how. I reloaded miniDLNA and Firefly. Then I manually added a Firefly_2 dataset to match the errant plugin. After rebooting, it allowed me to delete the plugin. I then had to manually remove the jail crated when I added the dataset.

Status
Not open for further replies.