Cannot create Jellyfin app - SMB CSI error

garywastaken

Cadet
Im trying to migrate from Truechart Jellyfin to the standart Jellyfin app but I have two problems:

- IX app for jellyfin does not support NFS shares so im forced to use an SMB share for my media (Additional storage in app config)
- When using SMB the following error occurs, image attached.

I would like to use a simple host path but I cant since there is an SMB share where my media is.

Thank you!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-02 190556.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-02 190556.png
    55.4 KB · Views: 38

sfatula

Guru
I would like to use a simple host path but I cant since there is an SMB share where my media is.

Thank you!
You can use a hostpath. You can disable the host path validation, or, you can upgrade to Cobia. Or, you could restructure the directories so you can without disabling the hostpath. Lots of guides in the forums on any of those. I personally would not use SMB or NFS to connect on the same machine.

garywastaken

Cadet
You can use a hostpath. You can disable the host path validation, or, you can upgrade to Cobia. Or, you could restructure the directories so you can without disabling the hostpath. Lots of guides in the forums on any of those. I personally would not use SMB or NFS to connect on the same machine.
Thanks for the answer, how can I disable host path validation? and what does it mean?

sfatula

Guru

garywastaken

Cadet
I ended up just upgrading to Codia and I didnt have to disable it. Thanks!