Cannot attach USB boot mirror

Status
Not open for further replies.

JprSA

Cadet
Apologies if this is a duplicate; I've been searching now for days to find instructions for creating a mirror of the ZFS boot for FreeNAS 9.3. I've been running happily with one USB boot, and I've been backing up the config but I'd like a secondary as another level of safety (and I have no other use for the port). When I finally found the instructions (System -> Boot -> Status -> Attach) it failed with the following error:

Error: Failed to attach disk: cannot attach da1p2 to gptid/c7f98499-76e4-11e4-8821-00110a5b077e: no such device in pool

When I look at Storage -> View Disks I can see da1 in this list so maybe FreeNAS has already decided it should be a storage drive?

Is there something I'm doing wrong? Do I have to manually create a pool or manually add the USB drive to an existing pool? Can I even touch the boot pool?

JprSA

Cadet
Yes indeed. It's the "Attach Disk" dialog button in those steps that throws the error after a few seconds.

JprSA

Cadet
If it matters the USB drives I'm attempting to mirror are both the same make/model/size - Sandisk Cruzer Fit 8GB

D

dlavigne

Before creating a bug report, let's make sure that FreeNAS is detecting the correct 2nd USB device. Can you attach screenshots of both Volumes -> View Disks and Boot -> Boot Status.

JprSA

Cadet
Disks:
upload_2014-12-19_9-11-17.png

Boot status:

upload_2014-12-19_9-11-29.png

JprSA

Cadet
Just following up: Does this look like something that needs to be fixed on my end or should I create a bug report?

D

dlavigne

Sorry for the lag. Yes, please create a bug report and post the issue number here.

Status
Not open for further replies.