Cannot allocate Intel iGPU to apps

jhl

Dabbler
Sorry if this has been posted before but I cannot find threads referencing this particular issue.

I am virtualizing Truenas 23.10.1.1 on Proxmox with a PCI-passthrough drive controller and PCI-passthrough Intel i7-8700 iGPU (Intel UHD graphics 630)

I believe Truenas can see the iGPU because in Advanced settings I am able to isolate the "Intel Corporation CoffeeLake-S GT2 [UHD Graphics 630]" and after a reboot it does show up as an Isolated GPU Device.

However, regardless of whether I have it set as an Isolated GPU Device or not, when I attempt to configure either Jellyfin or Plex apps, the only option I get to allocate an Intel iGPU is the following:
"Allocate 0 gpu.intel.com/i915 GPU"

Every other post I can find about Intel GPU transcoding problems says they can allocate between 1-5 instances of the iGPU then it's somehow not working... but I can't even get that far.

Any ideas?

Aesthia

Cadet
Hello,

Apologies for the necropost. Have you found a solution yet? I'm encountering a similar issue.
I'm virtualizing via Proxmox on a 12th generation Intel processor (12500). Despite successfully enabling iGPU passthrough and selecting the iGPU under "Advanced > Isolated GPU," I'm unable to make selections within applications like Jellyfin, (both Truecharts, and TrueNAS catalog).

If you need me to provides any logs/ errors i would be happy to do so.

Best Regards,
Théo