Can I reload defaults without loosing data on drives?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hidperf

Dabbler
Ever since I tried to add my Freenas box to an AD domain, I haven't been able to use it. I've spent more hours than I can think of trying to fix it but I'm just fed up now and want my storage back. I've got 3TB of storage I can't use anymore and backups haven't run for months.

Is it possible to reload the entire system back to default setting and not loose anything currently on my drives?

D

dlavigne

Yes. This is why the operating system and the configs are kept separate from the storage. After the factory restore, the system will reboot and you will need to re-import your disks.

hidperf

Dabbler
Yes. This is why the operating system and the configs are kept separate from the storage. After the factory restore, the system will reboot and you will need to re-import your disks.

I thought it did. I remember when I first set this up, I had to reload factory defaults but it's been so long I wasn't sure.

Thanks!

hidperf

Dabbler
Well, that didn't go as planned. Attempted a restore to factory defaults and got a corrupt database error. Couldn't do anything after that.

Pulled the USB drive and loaded 9.1.0 directly to the drive, booted, configed the NIC and then some basic settings from the UI, imported my drives, still can't access them. By the time I got that far, it was late and I was tired so I'm going to go through everything over the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.