CAM error on bootup

Hi all, got a really weird problem. My server has an ITX board with 16gb RAM with a core i7-3770, it had 2 4tb ironwolf pro drives and 2 ssds, i briefly tried unraid for a while but missed certain features from truenas and wanted to swap back, re-using the previous truenas boot ssd which works and adding 2 1tb wd red drives which also work and was using until i replaced them with the 4tb, i bought a node 304 which supports 6 drives and wanted to use the 2 1tb drives along with the 2 4tb drives and also the two ssds and my existing 450w psu in the new case but when i boot truenas, even an installer usb i get an error 'mount root waitng for : CAM' if i have only the ssds connected it starts fine, i connected the 2 4tb drives and it started, then it didn't when connecting the 1 tb drives and again got this error. In my old case which only supported 2 3.5 drives and 2 2.5 drives, this config worked, but now it boots fine using unraid but truenas throws back these errors. Can anyone help. Thanks. Brian