Calibre library on FreeNAS 9.1.1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillyS

Cadet
I build a FreeNAS server, 3 x 3 TB disks in Raid-Z. Using CIFS I defined windows shares. On one of the shares I want to store a large Calibre library. The Calibre application is running on a Windows 7 PC and is used to maintain the library on the NAS share.

Works well with an Ubuntu server I use up to now.

It's no problem to copy the library to the share and the open the library. Or defining a new library and adding books to it.
But if I change an author, I get an error message saying (tranlated from Dutch) "Cannot change the location of the book on disk. Is this book opened by another program?" Changing a title gives an similar message. For some reason modifying a file by the Calibre application results in an error.

Using explorer I can change/edit/delete/replace the files in the library.

Access rights of the share: 777 if using an unix ACL, Owner matches the Windows log-in. Calibre updated to the latest version 1.16.

I'm now struggling with this hick-up for several days. Searches the internet but did not find any hints up to now.

To start with a simple question: has anybody above setup running?

Michael Wulff Nielsen

Contributor
I did something similar a while back with iTunes. Try mounting your share as a network drive. Z: for instance.

Then tell calibre that the library is on z instead of \\ip\share

WillyS

Cadet
Thanks for your reaction. I mounted the share as a network drive and copied a fresh library to it.

Opening it and modifying books: still the same error.

Michael Wulff Nielsen

Contributor
Sry, it was just an idea. Try asking in calibre forums. And good luck with solving the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.