SOLVED C2550D4I NO POST, NO VGA OUTPUT VIA IPMI

Status
Not open for further replies.

lightmanhk

Cadet
Hi, All.

Thanks for replying this thread.

I eventually solved the problem with the help from ASRock william@asrockamerica.com

According to william Lee, here are the steps that I performed.

1/ I want you to use only stick of RAM installed in the blue slot A1, and make sure both ends of the RAM are seated all the way down until you hear a snap from the lock.
2/ Clear the CMOS by holding down the case power button for 30 seconds without the power cable attached to the board and without the CMOS battery.
3/ Put the power back in as well as the CMOS battery. Turn on the PSU (not the board), and wait until the green BMC LED starts to flash.
4/ Notice what IP is assigned to your Dedicated IPMI LAN port, access the IP Address by using an internet browser.
5/ Turn on the server board and check the Sensor Readings in Megarac web management console – Server Health, with the board turned on.
//
// after doing this, I can access the BIOS setting through IPMI interface, now I just need to assemble the parts and install FreeNAS
// I guess the trick is that turn on the board through web interface instead of pressing the power up button?​

Disclaimer: I did replaced my board, took me about 1~2 weeks.

rogerh

Guru
Thanks for letting us know! But why wasn't the thing booting with the power button? Was it a motherboard defect or a problem with the case switches?

garyn_87048

Dabbler
Santa brought an AsRock C2550D4I board, but it is also not booting. Lightmanhk I tried the procedure from William at ASROCK, but no success. Has your system been stable since April?

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
Santa brought an AsRock C2550D4I board, but it is also not booting. Lightmanhk I tried the procedure from William at ASROCK, but no success. Has your system been stable since April?
Garyn, please make a new forum post, and direct it to my attention. Please give the details of the problem you are experiencing, and the exact equipment (RAM, etc) that you have put into the board.

garyn_87048

Dabbler
Thank you, I solved it. The power supply was under sized. I setup a Silver Stone DS380 box (8 slots) with an ASRock C2550D4I MB, 16 GB memory, and a couple of small SSD's for freenas. The power supply that I had selected was SilverStone ST45SG-G (450W). It would/wouldn't boot randomly with just the SSD's, MB, memory, and fans installed and I assumed that I had a BIOS or IPMI setting incorrect or old firmware. Once I added the disk drives for the pool, the system would never boot.

Pilot error! Or, the pilot selected the wrong equipment. :smile:

Gary

rsquared

Explorer
Except that supply should work fine (actually, I can't find one with that model, but I assume you mean the ST45SF-G). In fact, I've got the same exact board, case, and power supply running with 6x3 TB WD Red drives without any problems here.

But as DrKK mentioned, if you want to troubleshoot this further, it should probably have its own thread.

garyn_87048

Dabbler
Interesting. I'll start a thread.

fontes31

Explorer
I, iam having similar problem with my Asrock C2550D4I.
When i poweron my psu i have green light on the board and yellow/green light on network connection (IPMI)
I can connect to the board via lan, ip address, but nothing more.
I cannot start with power button. I tried all for the jumper but nothing.
My case is an Fractal 304.
Do not know what to do more.

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
When i poweron my psu i have green light on the board and yellow/green light on network connection (IPMI)
Please tell us exactly what Power Supply, and exactly what RAM modules you are using.

Mirfster

Doesn't know what he's talking about

May want to start your own thread, especially since this one is "Solved". Will not get many contributors looking at a "Solved" thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.