Build home server for freenas

vizinet

Cadet
Good morning, I want build my first home server. Need you for check components if is all good. Thanks for your advices

What i use:
Plex is not priority
Cloud

What must be: silent, small

CPU​
AMD Ryzen 5 3600​
MOBO​
ASUS PRIME B450M-K II - AMD B450​
RAM​
HyperX Fury Black 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200 CL16​
PSU​
Be quiet! System Power 9 - 500W​
CASE​
Fractal Design Node 804​
HDD​
Seagate IronWolf, 3,5" - 4TB​
SSD​
Kingston Now A400, 2,5" - 240GB​
COOLER​
CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO​

kiriak

Contributor
I think that the smaller you can get

with all boxes (like ECC RAM) ticked
AND
3.5 " disks

is the HP Microeserver Gen 10 Plus

vizinet

Cadet
I think that the smaller you can get

with all boxes (like ECC RAM) ticked
AND
3.5 " disks

is the HP Microeserver Gen 10 Plus

Thanks for reply. I forget remove word "small" because I want this size like is case which is above in the list.

jayecin

Explorer
the stock cpu cooler should be more than enough for that build, server builds are rarely going to be pushing the CPU like a gaming rig might. You only have a single HDD from what I can tell, you wont have any redundancy. Power supply is overkill unless you plan on loading up the HDDs later, id estimate that system under full load pulls less than 200 watts. You dont have a GPU, while you dont need one once the server is up and running, you will need it to set it up and do any additional work that is required when the server is not running. RAM isnt ECC, which comes heavily recommended here, but I dont believe its necessary for home servers. Would be a good idea to invest in a PCIE NIC from Intel, chances are that motherboard uses Realtek which is crap and can be a problem, especially if you plan on virtualization.

ChrisRJ

Wizard
What is your use-case? And what about budget?