Bugs in Transmission interface with 2.61 and 8.3.0 x64

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,

Up until 8.3, transmission has been working perfectly and the interface updated perfectly without glitches.

Now after updating to 8.3.0 x64 and installing Transmission 2.61, there seems to be a couple small problems.

The first problem is that the interface does not update perfectly. For the first few minutes of loading the interface, the upload rates and progress will update correctly. But, after a few minutes the page will stop updating and stop showing progress of the torrents. To see the real progress I have to reload the page.

The second problem is that the text is not displaying correctly like below:

Downloading from 25 of 25 peers - ↓ 0 kB/s ↑ 0 kB/s
Magnetized transfer - retrieving metadata (0.00%)

or in the files section:

README.​ & # 8203 ; txt

(without the spaces since when I didn't put the spaces the forums changed it back to README.txt)

(This text bug exists in Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari, and IE 10)

If these problems can be fixed that would be a great help and I would love to see this fixed in the next release of FreeNAS.

Thanks

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Judging from the fact that only 2 people have the issue I doubt its a bug.

But you are welcome to create a support ticket at support.freenas.org if you want more technical support.

fracai

Guru
I'd have to check to be sure, but I think I see this as well. I've pretty much given up on the interface updating live and just refresh the page to see if things are further along or have moved to another state. Odds are though, that this isn't an issue with the FreeNAS plugin and it should be reported to the Transmission devs.

The text bug has been fixed in 2.7, but I can't find the relevant ticket right now.

fracai

Guru
That's the one.

You could either follow the Wiki to create your own plugin or wait for it to be officially updated. Perhaps file a ticket requesting such an update.

Just as a heads up, the problem in the original post still exists in 8.3.1 RC1 transmission 2.77 plugin and would be greatly appreciated if this was fixed for the 8.3.1 release!

paleoN

Wizard
Just as a heads up, the problem in the original post still exists in 8.3.1 RC1 transmission 2.77 plugin and would be greatly appreciated if this was fixed for the 8.3.1 release!
Did you ever Submit a Ticket assuming there's not an existing one?

Or were you hoping a FreeNAS dev would randomly come by and spot this thread? :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.