Bug #4560

Status
Not open for further replies.

bawilson2

Cadet
I'm seeing a similar situation with an Intel 10G card. This past week Jordan Hubbard stated that it was an issue with the Intel drivers and there was no fix possible.

https://bugs.freenas.org/issues/4560

Seeing that this issue would be shared with FreeBSD I did some looking around and found that it indeed was a problem with FreeBSD.

A fix was checked into the FreeBSD kernel repository about three weeks ago that is supposed to fix the issue.

https://github.com/freebsd/freebsd/commit/e1b5ce307a401cee03e8762e864442953d82c590

Is there any chance we get this into the FreeNAS code so those of us can run with the Intel cards? I'm willing to help out if there's anything useful I could do.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
You can put in a ticket with the relevant information and the driver might yet appear in time for the next release. Assuming it was properly fixed.

Also, he did NOT say a fix wasn't possible. He said it was an Intel driver problem and the fix has to come from Intel since they are the only ones that know how the hardware works. There's a BIG difference between saying no fix was/is possible and saying Intel has to fix it.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
The developers never go here... if you want an answer to the question you need to ask it in the ticket.

bawilson2

Cadet
You can put in a ticket with the relevant information and the driver might yet appear in time for the next release. Assuming it was properly fixed.

Also, he did NOT say a fix wasn't possible. He said it was an Intel driver problem and the fix has to come from Intel since they are the only ones that know how the hardware works. There's a BIG difference between saying no fix was/is possible and saying Intel has to fix it.

You're correct, I misspoke. Sorry about that. I'll add to the ticket and try to get it worked out that way. Thanks for the direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.