Budget build for nas system

matt.1990

Cadet
I am looking to build a nas server mainly a media server for plex!
I am needed to back up my data and also torrent , VPN, on the device i just want help with the specs
I am also looking for specs that can transcode maybe 6 devices of 1080 p or 720 p no 4K really

Case 161.30
Thermaltake Suppressor F1 Mini ITX Tt LCS Certified Cube Computer Chassis CA-1E6-00S1WN-00

CPU 199.99
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Processor with Wraith Stealth Cooler - YD2600BBAFBOX

can i get some ideas on the ram, power supply , GPU , SSD and i want a couple bigger NAS HDD to use like 6-8-10 terrabyte ones

buget will be 750.00$

Yorick

Wizard
That processor has a passmark of 13000 or so, which means yes, 6 x 1080p streams is doable. You may want to tell Plex to “Optimize” Ahead of time though so you don’t have to transcode on the fly.

Don’t use a GPU, look for an asrock rack with ipmi instead.

your budget makes it very tough to build new, I’d seriously consider building with used intel server components, see resources section.

matt.1990

Cadet
That processor has a passmark of 13000 or so, which means yes, 6 x 1080p streams is doable. You may want to tell Plex to “Optimize” Ahead of time though so you don’t have to transcode on the fly.

Don’t use a GPU, look for an asrock rack with ipmi instead.

your budget makes it very tough to build new, I’d seriously consider building with used intel server components, see resources section.
Okay thanks any I want to use as a computer as well for torrenting etc

How much could I build new for or can you recommend a already built Nas system