broken graph in menu /reports/system

Status
Not open for further replies.
after updating to latest FreeNAS-9.10.1-U4 i checked the system report graphs and noticed the first one is broken while the second one (uptime) shows up fine. when clicking the graph the following error messages drops:

Code:
manage.py: [reporting.rrd:161] Failed to generate graph: ERROR: mmaping file '/var/db/collectd/rrd/localhost/processes/ps_state-blocked.rrd': Invalid argument

i searched the forum but nothing similar has been reported so far. then i checked the contents of /var/db/collectd/rrd/localhost/processes/ and found 7 *.rrd files where 5 of them have 146kb size but ps_state-blocked.rrd and ps_state-running.rrd have 0 (zero) kb.

another funny thing: the 5 *rrd.files of 146kb have the same modified date and time which is exactly when the update has been performed but the 2 zero byte files have a modified date of 13.08.2015 and no time stamp.

i have no clue what to do in order to solve the graph generating. any hints are welcome.

thanks

peter

right after posting my issue i decided rename /var/db/collectd/rrd/localhost/processes/ps_state-blocked.rrd to /var/db/collectd/rrd/localhost/processes/ps_state-blocked.rrd.old and tried to call the graph and... no luck. but i noticed the system generated itself a new /var/db/collectd/rrd/localhost/processes/ps_state-blocked.rrd of 146kb. so my next step was renaming the other zero byte file ps_state-running.rrd to ps_state-running.rrd.old and calling the graph again and... voilá, two things happended. there was a new ps_state-running.rrd of 146kb generated and my graph finally reappeared. so case closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.