Booting takes 10mins. Can i make it faster?

Saswata13

Cadet
Hi,
My FreeNAS box taking 10mins to boot and up and running. maybe after I changed and mirrored boot drives from one 32GB SanDisk Cruzer blade to two 16GB SanDisk Cruzer force. And undervolted the CPU (Not underclocked).

IMG_20190601_140738.jpg

At this last two lines, it is taking maybe most of the time 4+ mins. What is the meaning of the lines? and there are no alerts on the FreeNAS WebGUI.

How to go about it?

Thank you so much for reading.

Spec:-
AMD FX 6100
GA 970A DS3
12GB RAM(1X4GB CORSAIR VENGENCE AND 1X8GB CORSAIR VALUE SELECT)
550W THERMALTAKE
7TB (3X1TB ON A Z1 POOL AND 2X2TB MIRRORED POOL)

ethereal

Guru
ssd

Evertb1

Guru
My FreeNAS box taking 10mins to boot and up and running.
At is self a boot time of 10 minutes is nothing to worry about. As long as you are not confronted with all kind of errors after the boot. It takes my system about 6 minutes or so with an SSD as boot device. But I boot my system only a couple of time a year so who cares how long it takes (as long as it is within reason). And I am not sure if comparing the boot time with USB sticks is very useful.

Then about that last 2 lines on your screenshot. Do a search on the forum whith that exact text and you will find some interesting/usefull things to read.

sretalla