Boot pool uncorrectable I/O failure

Ico747

Dabbler
Our NAS is running True NAS Core 12-U1. Today I have WARNING Pool 'freenas-boot'has encountered uncorrectable I/O failure and has been suspended. Web UI and ssh not working. Please advice how to fix.
P.S. I have configuration backup from previous version nas-FreeNAS-11.3-U5-20210102221325.tar

Last edited:

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
Install to a fresh boot media. Restore your config.

I would suggest using this opportunity to consider using different boot media such as a cheap SSD rather than USB if that was the case.

Also check the type of SSD which will be compatible. Some SSD controllers don't like TRIM with FreeBSD and can cause thr kind of corruption you are seeing. Kingston and Samsung don't use that controller, so both are safe choices.

Ico747

Dabbler
Thank you very much for the answer! I remember from the time of FreeNAS that boot media could be prepared on different PC. I mean to prepare boot media on my PC that I am using every day and then to use it to boot NAS. Is it a possibility?

sretalla