Black font on dark theme

chuck32

Guru
Hello all,

lately I noticed people are emphasizing parts of their post using a black font color.

Is there any way to invert the colors displayed depending on the theme choice?

In dark mode this renders the text almost unreadable.

1000036446.png

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
I have seen this too. It's weird, I get the feeling people are doing something mundane that should not touch the color, but ends up hard-coding the color to black. Still don't understand what exactly that is.

Tigersharke

BOfH in User's clothing
Administrator
I believe I had some CSS (in Ganz großes Kino dark ) to attempt to override most of the colors/shades which would be entirely unreadable. If everything is essentially how I had left it so many months (years) ago, I might be able to adjust further but I don't think there is any way to guarantee posts do not get made with odd color choices. If any of those posts with bad color choices could be linked to this thread for future efforts, it would help a great deal, thank you.

danb35

Hall of Famer
Here's one:

Tigersharke

BOfH in User's clothing
Administrator
Here's one:
Initial investigation..

Strange, I see nothing special in the post itself, so I think it may be something related to using the numbered list and how that gets rendered. I note that it is color rgb(20,20,20) while other text or replies is the more proper rgb(0,0,0) or #000. it looks like I will need to check the theme css to see what its doing but the weird color could also be an adjustment if the poster chose something that would blend into the background of the Ganz großes Kino dark too well.
  1. Numbered (ordered) list on this post I add for its resulting css.
  2. another item
  3. and another.
Since the above doesn't change color, I will need to look at the odd post with another theme to see what it looks like and compare, as I am really unsure how it occurs at the moment.

Tigersharke

BOfH in User's clothing
Administrator
Not sure why, but I was able to see the bbcode in the default theme, or maybe I looked at that from a different place. Either way, the content the poster used included color change for no good purpose IMHO:
1.One of my HDDs (WD Red Pro NAS 18TB) is correctly recognized by my bios but when looking through the TrueNAS GUI it displays as 0B (image 1). Do I ignore this and pool it anyways or is there a fix for this?
[COLOR=rgb(20, 20, 20)]2. The command line is constantly outputting this error (image 2). I am not sure if it affects functionality but should care about this?
3. I have 18TB of storage and I also have a combined 3.5TB of external and internal storage. I was wondering if there is some implementation out there to have 3.5TB of the total 18TB auto-backed up? Does such a configuration exist even on any platform?
4. Is there some way to create some functionality with the NAS similar to the recycle bin in Windows? My previous Ubuntu NAS had an issue where if a file was deleted via File Explorer it was always deleted forever. Nothing went wrong because of it (thankfully), but I'd like some extra protection for deleted files.
5. My connection to the TrueNAS GUI always says it's not secure. I assumed it wasn't important but is it?[/COLOR]
The placement of the color bbcode is odd, it makes no sense, and the particular color is hand-entered as this is not in the offered palette.

Now I see the issue is with the TrueNAS dark theme, and not my own Ganz großes Kino dark forum theme:
black_text_post_2023-12-26_1626.png

Since I don't believe we could ever prevent bbcode or foolish color choices, it looks like I would need to adapt my color adjustment css for the TrueNAS dark theme.

Last edited:

Tigersharke

BOfH in User's clothing
Administrator
I am in the process of modifying the override file which fails to "exact" match to do the override **because of spaces!!!** and I noticed a lot of redundancy in the file that I do not recall why its there, except probably meant to do further editing of it and forgot.

Tigersharke

BOfH in User's clothing
Administrator
I finally have an override that works, but to fit the Truenas dark theme the text will need to be shades of lighter grey or white, this will take some time to determine and edit in the file.

For future reference, if there is an issue with a theme and text color blending too well with the background, check the below posts for how the 'color conversion' is achieved or if it needs to be added or modified.

Last edited: