Best file sync software

Caterpillar_

Cadet
What is the best remote sync software you can install on TrueNAS? I do not want to install nextcloud client for a lot of reasons, so I was thinking of a thing like Synchthing or Seafile. What do you think about?

Jatrabari

Contributor
I have been using Syncthing for syncing files from mobile phones and my PCfor about a year now. Very happy with it and haven't had any issues with it.

The initial setup takes time but when you get it up and running, it works great.

I have been using Synchthing only in LAN, not over the internet which is also possible.

Alecmascot

Guru
What is the best remote sync software you can install on TrueNAS? I do not want to install nextcloud client for a lot of reasons, so I was thinking of a thing like Synchthing or Seafile. What do you think about?
I sync my pcs to the server with Rslsync. Easy setup, and has been working for a few years now.

Caterpillar_

Cadet
I have been using Syncthing for syncing files from mobile phones and my PCfor about a year now. Very happy with it and haven't had any issues with it.
The initial setup takes time but when you get it up and running, it works great.
I have been using Synchthing only in LAN, not over the internet which is also possible.
I sync my pcs to the server with Rslsync. Easy setup, and has been working for a few years now.
Jatrabari, Alecmascot, how much effort did require the software you are using, to be installed?

Heracles

Wizard
I do not want to install nextcloud client for a lot of reasons

I would still go with Nextcloud for that. Because it is based on WebDav, many apps can integrate directly into Nextcloud without the need for the actual Nextcloud client. Nextcloud also offers CalDav and CardDav for contacts and agendas.

2DO, Scanner Pro, PDF Expert, Document, NPlayer, Contact / Agenda, EnPass and many others can go straight to Nextcloud by themselves and I use all of them (and more...).