Backing Up mySQL databases - NextCloud

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

Apologies if this has been answered already, but I have struggled to find an answer for it floating anywhere online.

I have the latest version of FreeNAS installed and have also installed the plugin "NextCloud". Everything is working out just great but like any tech knows disastrous things happen and when they do we like to have backups in place.

My question is... How do I make a backup of the database?
I have tried the simple "create a windows share" to the "db" folder from within "var" but somehow the directory is inaccessible, which is fine if I was an outsider, but I just want to copy the directory.
Am I over thinking things here?

Are there very simple steps that I can to be doing here? I'm at a standstill since I don't want to break this perfectly good working system by tampering with things.

Thank you all for reading and helping a brother.

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
but I just want to copy the directory.
Yeah that's not quite how it works. You're going to want to run mysqldump to back it up. You'll probably have to ping @Joshua Parker Ruehlig for the database credentials to make it happen.

https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.6/en/mysqldump-sql-format.html

Personally I'd be more worried about keeping the files safe unless you absolutely have to have your nextcloud instance up and running.

EDIT: Now that I think about it the article I referenced might not be applicable to the mysql version the plugin uses. Again @Joshua Parker Ruehlig would be the one to ask about this as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.