Back up internally to different pool?

mathematics28

Dabbler
Best way to back up main pool to secondary pool?

Hey everyone. So my setup is core on proxmox. It has a pool made up of three nVME drives. I use this as my main storage to work on photography projects. Currently it backs up to a synology at home and that synology backs up to another synology i have at my office. Family photos and videos are backed up to backblaze as well as the two synology devices. Do i need another backup? No, but the case has more than enough space, drives are cheap enough, and why not learn some more? :)

I have 6 sata ports or so that are unused and figured i might as well toss some drives in there as maybe snapshot replication? Is that the best idea? Is that easy to do within the same server? I’m open to other ideas as well. I’m not a master IT guy but i love to learn so I’m all ears.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler

mathematics28

Dabbler
You could, conceptually.

Extremely.

It's of limited usefulness. Most things capable of killing one pool on a server can kill two pools on a single server.
Ah yea i should have considered that last point. I guess i could just add drives and just extend the server capacity with a new pool.