Autocorrect is being a pain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
I just discovered the forum is doing autocorrect on "FreeNAS". The problem is that it's applying it to CMD-tagged text as well, with the result being that freenas-boot is rendered as you see here. If you open the markup for this post, you'll see it's written in lowercase, but ends up displayed in a pretty format. A clueless user then has to figure out that his boot pool is written in all-lowercase, which is less than optimal.

wblock

Documentation Engineer
I set that earlier this week because it seemed the easiest way to get FreeNAS capitalized the same way consistently. (I edit thread titles and contents for that, and have seen single posts with at least four different variations). I don't know if there is a way to do that but not inside cmd, file, or code tags. That would be ideal.

m0nkey_

MVP
This autocorrect is goin
I just discovered the forum is doing autocorrect on "FreeNAS". The problem is that it's applying it to CMD-tagged text as well, with the result being that FreeNAS-boot is rendered as you see here. If you open the markup for this post, you'll see it's written in lowercase, but ends up displayed in a pretty format. A clueless user then has to figure out that his boot pool is written in all-lowercase, which is less than optimal.
I concur, this is mildly annoying. This auto-correct should be ignored for command, code and maybe pre tags.

wblock

Documentation Engineer
I can look at this Monday, but don't know what is available for XenForo. Right now, we are using the "censor" function, which is meant to work on all text.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler

m0nkey_

MVP
I can look at this Monday, but don't know what is available for XenForo. Right now, we are using the "censor" function, which is meant to work on all text.
Can it be turned off until a solution is found?

wblock

Documentation Engineer
Turned off. Help with editing and fixing posts where it is wrong would be appreciated.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Turned off. Help with editing and fixing posts where it is wrong would be appreciated.
I'll try to correct it whenever I come across it.

Tigersharke

BOfH in User's clothing
Administrator
I wonder if the string to match had included a space following such as "freenas " whether those various commands would have been affected. In all of those situations where the consistent capitalization was enforced, were there spaces following the "freenas" to be corrected? The other part, is whether this autocorrect mechanism would have handled the addition of a space at all.

wblock

Documentation Engineer
I am still waiting to get access to the Xenoforo customer forum to ask about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.