auto import volume problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

blitzplayer6

Cadet
hello every one i have a problem with importing a volume. I can see the volume and pick the volume but when i click and run the import it look like it is trying to import but it just restarts the nas i have tried using some different vision of free nas but still the same problem.

Thank you for taking the time to read any help advice is welcome .

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Yeah, that's classic "my pool is damaged". First question is "Do you have backups?" and the best answer is "absolutely".

blitzplayer6

Cadet
Hello cyber jock i do have back up of the pool but they are not to hand they are on a off site back up 25o miles away i hope i do not have to travel to get it but if need must thanks for the reply

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Yeah, you should probably make plans to go get them. :/

Post your hardware specs and FreeNAS version. But, in short, unless you are willing to pay for recovery (which will cost much more than a 250 mile drive) you don't have many options.

blitzplayer6

Cadet
motherboard= asus p88 ws
cpu = xeon e3-1245
ram= 32gb corsair
hdd = 2tb seagate x 6 in a raidz 2

freenas = FreeNAS-9.2.1.2-RELEASE-x64

hi cyberjock my specs are above.
Can i ask have you heard of this happening before as i am still testing free nas to see if it is stable for my needs.

Any help advice is welcome thanks.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Oh yes, this has happened before. Most of the time the truth eventually comes out and we find out they did multiple things "wrong" that kind of set them up for failure. Usually its things like using non-optimal hardware, using USB drives in their pool, non-ECC RAM that is later found to be bad and other things like that.

While you haven't said much about your configuration (and often its something fine detail that you wouldn't have thought to even mention) I will say that the board you are using is not what we consider server-grade and therefore not recommended. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.