Asrock C2750D4I MB is dead, what are my upgrade options

febbraro

Cadet
So it looks like I'm finally a victim of the Asrock C2750D4I board death on my Mini XL. I want to try to bring this back to life and save the data that is on my ZFS pool, but it feels like it would be a shame to just get the same MB and weak processor. I was hoping for an upgrade on CPU of sorts (to something with Intel Quick Sync if possible) to get more transcoding power. Has anyone taken a Mini XL and upgraded the motherboard to something a bit more recent/beefier and had any success in not having to reinstall the OS / reformat the drives? Or even if you did have to reinstall, how big of an upgrade on the MB can we get out of the Mini XL?

Trying to get a feel for what my options may be, or if I'm SOL.

Thanks for any pointers or advice you could provide.

I would contact IX systems customer services. They replaced mine a about a year ago. They are very helpful.
I just purchased this for another build. SuperMicro A2SDi-8C+-HLN4F. I believe this what is going into the the new generation Truenas mini XL Plus but with 10 g internet. It should just drop into that case. Good reviews for that board on line

Good Luck

Adrian

Contributor
I bought a replacement C2750D4I for my Mini from iXsystems some time ago, and they are indeed helpful. The board was quite expensive, and I do regret not looking around for a better replacement,