AsRock C2550D4l stopped posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naamarauta

Cadet
Hi,

I ran into a problem with my NAS server which has AsRock C2550D4l as a backbone.

The server worked fine for a year (purchaced 6th of August 2015) but then suddenly stopped working.

The symptoms are:

1) When I boot the server, the screen stays black
2) IPMI interface is available
3) IPMI interface readings regaring voltages seem to be a bit off
-3V, 5V and 12V seem to be "not available"
-Screenshot here: http://imgur.com/a/tMm8D

To me it first seemed like the power supply (Seasonic 360W G-360) might be the one to blame as there seems not to be any 3V, 5V or 12V readings.

I can't verify this easily as I dont have access to extra power supply atm.

Then again reading this forum makes it seem that C2550D4l could also be the one to blame. There is quite a lot of posts with the same symptoms. Are you guys getting readings to 3V, 5V and 12V?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Biornius

Cadet
Hi,
I'm having a very similar problem. Also C2550D4I and Seasonic SS-360GP 360W.

Out of the blue, the NAS disappeared from my network. The power lamp still shone and I could access the IPMI.

I tried pressing the power button to see if it would power down and then I could restart it, but nothing happened when pressing the power button. I then pressed the reset button, and that seemed to cause an instant shut down. After that, I couldn't switch it on again until I unplugged / replugged the power cable.

I will try with a new PSU and see if that helps.

Did you get your issue resolved?

rogerh

Guru
There have been some problems with this board related to a board firmware bug involving the watchdog timer. Just search the forum for the board part number and there are some long threads discussing this, starting months ago. TL, DR suggest try RMA, even if nominally out of warranty.

Edit, actually you'll get more results for the similar D2750D4I part number.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.