Asking for advice on a headless Mini ITX build

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroNine

Dabbler
Hello all,

It's my first post and I'm recent to the FreeNAS scene/community and I'm looking for some sound advice/feedback on a build I was thinking of using for:
  1. Storage (media mostly) » short term 12Tb for a long-run of 20-24TB;
  2. Seedbox;
  3. NextCloud;
  4. Streaming - Optional (if possible, but not a priority)
I have in a seedbox two 2TB Wd Green HDDs, one 1Tb WD, and one 3TB WD Green I was thinking of adding to the zpool in the NAS.

A friend is no longer using his seedbox and it will be arriving soon with the following specs (that I know of):
  1. Intel Core i5-2400 3.10 GHz Quad-Core Processor
  2. Intel DQ67EP
  3. Fractal Design Array R2 Mini ITX NAS Case with 300 Watt SFX Power Supply Unit
  4. 8Gb of unspecified RAM (Will know when I get it, but for the time I don't, so assume the worst!)
  5. Two WD Purple 4TB Surveillance Hard Disk Drive - Intellipower SATA 6 Gb/s 64MB Cache 3.5 Inch
So, what I'm looking for is your input on how this build will hold, if you have any suggestions I should implement to make it a little future proof. Any feedback is appreciated as it'll be my first time using FreeNAS and hoping to better safekeep all my data.

A final question, about the hard drives. I have a lot of data on the 4 HDD I have on the seedbox, should I just cram them all plus the two 4TB in the NAS and upgrade the HDD <4tb ones later?

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.