Are you sure? Of course I'm sure...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VladTepes

Patron
Weird that when I click 'Thanks' on a post where someone has responded and which I have found particularly useful, the system spits up a screen that says "Are you sure you want to like this post?"

Firstly - like is different to thank.
But mainly - I wouldn't have pressed thanks if not.

It's almost like the system is trying to say "Really? That guy? You REALLY want to thank HIM? OK well on your head be it..." :D

Is there a way to turn off this confirmation requirement in my profile at all?

Cheers

chris crude

Patron
Some people use phones/tablets and accidentally hit buttons while scrolling.
Verifying an action is very common in computers and community forums.

danb35

Hall of Famer
Verifying an action is very common in computers and community forums.
Sure, but not verifying an easily-reversible action (you can un-thank a post just as easily as you can thank it). I'm not sure why it's doing this for Vlad; it doesn't do it for me.

Stux

MVP
FWIW, I've never been asked to confirm a thanks

VladTepes

Patron
Just worked from my phone without a confirm.
Earlier was ms edge behind a corporate firewall though i wouldnt think that should matter....

chris crude

Patron
Sure, but not verifying an easily-reversible action (you can un-thank a post just as easily as you can thank it). I'm not sure why it's doing this for Vlad; it doesn't do it for me.
Looks like it doesnt do it for me either. Maybe I should thank people more often so i know how things work. You get a thanks, you get a thanks, EVERYBODY GETS THANKS!

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
First I've heard of this...

VladTepes

Patron
OK tested from home. It appears this is only an issue on my work computer,. Weird. I'll live with it :)

wblock

Documentation Engineer
Does it still do it if you run something other than that fine, compatible MS Edge browser?

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Well, I use Edge on my phone all the time and I've never seen what the OP sees. No heavy-handed corporate firewalls, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.