Are the forums currently undergoing some sort of maintenance or migration?

I noticed from different PCs, with different browsers, and even using incognito mode, that when I reply to a post, edit, or re-visit the thread, it's a mish-mash of different results:

• Sometimes my post is not visible, even when I view from a different computer. It's like there's a chance it will be delayed.
  • Sometimes (actually many times) my edits appear to have been applied, but then when I re-visit the post, the edits have been reverted.
  • Yet, from the point above, if I try to re-do my edits, they sometimes will work immediately, and other times it's a shot in the dark or a matter of waiting to see if it corrects itself.

I'm more curious if others have noticed similar oddities about the forums recently. I don't recall it ever being like this. I think I only noticed it recently, maybe since last week?

Redcoat

MVP
I'm more curious if others have noticed similar oddities about the forums recently.
Yes, I have had the same experience for about a week or so.

What I first noticed is that read posts did not "unbold" right away Then, while "investigating" that, I found the "delayed arrivals" of my posts and/or edits.

Last edited:

Pitfrr

Wizard
Not exactly recently because I noticed this behavior since few month or so but I'm using the "New posts" to check out the latest posts since last time and I noticed that sometime I get an alert for new messages but they don't show up in the "new posts" list.
And sometimes I also notice posts that I haven't seen after the "Threads below have not been updated since your last visit." line.

It is not bothering me much but when I saw this post, I thought I'll add it to the list.

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
According to iX, the forums switched to KeyCDN the week of 6/21, and the caching settings haven't been stabilized yet.

The work-around for now is to refresh (F5) early and often.

Just wanted to report in here that this issue still persists. :confused: Is there any official update? Are there hurdles that have yet to be jumped?

HoneyBadger

actually does care
Administrator
iXsystems
Seeing this quite a bit as well. Apparently I'm living in the future, but not very far.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-08-03 at 3.13.58 PM.png
    Screenshot 2021-08-03 at 3.13.58 PM.png
    36.7 KB · Views: 198
Maybe the forum software has such advanced artificial intelligence that it knows what you're going to post before you post it? :tongue:

This is proof that free will is an illusion!