Apps Storage Folders

bigzaj

Explorer
I have all of my app configs from my jails in a dedicated apps folder on the storage drive I used. For scale apps, just setting the pool, how can I specify the app location on the pool? Also can I reuse my config folders by manually setting the app path or do I need to just copy contents to the new app folder created on the pool?

Kris Moore

SVP of Engineering
Administrator
iXsystems
In the "Apps" menu, there is a Settings button, which has an option to change the pool, however the location of the app data is hard-coded. If you have existing app configuration files, you should go into each app and setup a "Host Volume" mount, which lets you point that path inside the container to any arbitrary location on your pool.

truecharts

Guru
In the "Apps" menu, there is a Settings button, which has an option to change the pool, however the location of the app data is hard-coded. If you have existing app configuration files, you should go into each app and setup a "Host Volume" mount, which lets you point that path inside the container to any arbitrary location on your pool.

To be clear: this only goes for Official Apps.
We have more specific guidelines when hostPath should be used with our Apps :)

itconstruct

Cadet
To be clear: this only goes for Official Apps.
We have more specific guidelines when hostPath should be used with our Apps :)
Could you please share the link for the documentation that covers these guidelines.

I am new to TrueNAS Scale and would like to review these.

truecharts

Guru
Could you please share the link for the documentation that covers these guidelines.

I am new to TrueNAS Scale and would like to review these.

Our guidelines are on our website but are limited to our charts only.
We cannot give any for TrueNAS SCALE in general

itconstruct

Cadet
Could you please share the guidelines for charts then.

I have both the official apps and the true charts git repo added to my install and would like to review the guidelines that are present thank you.

This will still be relevant even if not specific to truenas :)