Applications are not running

bobs

Cadet
Hi, I am running into an issue with the Apps since the update to the latest version.
Ever since the update was done, the apps didn't come back on line.

My systems is based on my old Gaming rig, with some extra disks added (both via Sata and USB, however the USB disks are grouped in a separate pool)

OS Version:TrueNAS-SCALE-22.02.0
Product:Alienware X51 R2
Model:Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz
Memory:16 GiB

I have tried rebooting countless times, Each time waiting up to 1 entire day before giving up and rebooting again.
I have tried to unset the pool and set it again.

the message i get is: " applications are not running"
on occasion when setting the pool again i got the message "docker service is not running"
I have noticed that on the dashboard, then network pannel also has an error message "Error getting Chart data"

I assume there is some service not starting where it should but i am unable to find how to start it manualy.

I am reasonably familliar with Linux based systems, however i am new in Truenas, so if i need to pull any logs, please tell me where i can find them.

Sofiane

Cadet
The main reason of having this issue is that Truenas wasn't able to gather/load the catalog and its apps.
this can happen if your NAS doesn't have any Internet acces for example.

Have you tried to check if your NAS has internet acces ? by going to shell and ping -c 3 google.com for example.

ForceX

Cadet
Curious, are you running Pihole or or other dns resolver running as a VM/container? I had this same issue where Plex would not start after rebooting. Looking at the logs I could see (like Sofaine mentioned ) that the app’s catalog would not load, this prevented Plex from starting, this was probably due to the fact that Pihole had not started and thus I had no internet access till it did. If this is the case check that you have a backup dns set.