Anyone know how to fix plugins gui error ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Genton

Contributor
I know I am far from alone with this error but dont understand why I am getting it NOW and even on clean installs I cannot get around it. It doesn't matter what plugin it is, I have tried many and they all do the same thing. I am however attempting to just get back transmission and plex being the only two I use on my production home FreeNAS.

The error is this: freenas manage.py: [freeadmin.navtree:526] Couldn't retrieve http://192.168.1.9/plugins/plexmediaserver/2/_s/treemenu: timed out

freenas manage.py: [freeadmin.navtree:526] Couldn't retrieve http://192.168.1.9/plugins/transmission/1/_s/treemenu: timed out

Based on search and past bugs I ensure the plugin template directory was correct, even enabled dhcp on my jails but set reservations in dhcp server so they get same IP from pool I've been using past 2 years to align with dns. Not sure why it started but as a result I have rebuilt that box totally and with fresh install of 9.3.1 released 2 days ago it does it out of the gate. Get the error, after a couple of reboots it works and I see side bar gui menu plugin icons and can access plugins in gui, then it starts back up again.. All thru this jails never stopped working themselves, its just the freenas gui and accessibility to managing plugins via gui.

Anyone know the fix when the error is "timed out" ??

D

dlavigne

Can the freenas system ping an external domain name (eg google.com)? Is the freenas system behind a firewall? What is the freenas build (from System -> Information)?

Dave Genton

Contributor
Can the freenas system ping an external domain name (eg google.com)? Is the freenas system behind a firewall? What is the freenas build (from System -> Information)?
Yes of course, no issues with network reachability. As I said its the new 9.3.1 from a few nights ago, FreeNAS-9.3-STABLE-201508250051 is full name..technically you're always behind a firewall somewhere, there isn't one close no, only one it would traverse is if it goes to the internet and no concern there.

Dave Genton

Contributor
I added my 2nd plugin and the first 1 becomes available every time. As soon as the second plugin is done the timeout errors about plugin 1 stop and instead say no JSON object then it clears shortly after and the plugin icon appears in the gui with all normal for plugin 1. Now I can go to the plugins->installed and see the page for first time and start/stop the service.

In fact I can do that at anytime simply by stopping the jail from the jail tab, stop jail. Then go to plugins and can see the service to start/stop plugin or delete it. Once Jails start up then I can no longer see plugins page, icons for both disappear from gui again. plugin 1 that corrected itself now again is gone with 2 and never returns unless jail is stopped .. too many of us seeing same issues, and mine ran for many months, or over a year before this just recently started.

why does plugin 1 return for short time when I install one ? for past week been installing and removing plugins but consistenly always time out on error posted above

Dave Genton

Contributor
Stopped plex and immediately transmission icon shows up. Now able to configure remaining items, went to plugins->installed and page existed so started transmission and its working ! But only while plex is stopped. Started plex and jail starts no problem but service is down and neither reachable in gui again, timed out error scrolling as usual. Any help ?? Any reason why ???

Dave Genton

Contributor
Will likely never know but I fixed it, myself.. alone..sadly 9.3.1 is first and only time I had to manually intervene.. dont want to give away the surprise... unsure why I even tried here.

D

dlavigne

Because reporting how you fixed it will help other users? That is the point of the forums, users helping other users where they can...

Status
Not open for further replies.