Anybody like to help me build a freeNAS Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustJeff

Cadet
I Recently was made redundant so thought' Hey why not check out GoFundMe!

Wondering if the wonderful people viewing this would like to help a fellow computer/tech enthusiast build a fairly decent NAS to keep me busy! "twiddling thumbs"

This will all be documented, Photoed and Reviewed all on Youtube & Wordpress Website.

Wordpress is where i'll start my adventure so keep an eye on my website for Photo's, Video links and my Reviews on all my Progress.

Thanks for your interest in my project.
Click below to see my Post.
gofund.me/upp7dk

Last edited:

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
And what exactly are your qualifications? What do you bring to the table that is not on the forum?

Frankly, you're asking for us to pay for stuff that is already available for free on the forum, with no guarantees of success or quality.
This is very close to being spam, especially because you're just copying and pasting the vague, uninformative sales pitch from the stupid crowdfunding site.
We've had enough spam for one day, too.

gpsguy

Apparently you scared the OP. His message is now blank.

JustJeff

Cadet
Ok I've scrapped my idea of crowd funding, so I'll start again.

I know about computers, I know about Freenas and how it works and how to set it up, I wouldn't mind help with recommend parts, so when i start my build I'll have the right information, eg. The ECC memory side of it, it's hard finding the right motherboard with ECC support.

Not spam, I've removed it.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Apparently you scared the OP. His message is now blank.
No, the font is just white. I guess it's less painful for mods to fix.
It also supports my point of view, since discussion is clearly not the OP's interest.

JustJeff

Cadet
No, the font is just white. I guess it's less painful for mods to fix.
It also supports my point of view, since discussion is clearly not the OP's interest.

Ok I've scrapped my idea of crowd funding, so I'll start again.
I know about computers, I know about Freenas and how it works and how to set it up, I wouldn't mind help with recommend parts, so when i start my build I'll have the right information, eg. The ECC memory side of it, it's hard finding the right motherboard with ECC support.

Not spam, I've hidden it

BigDave

FreeNAS Enthusiast
Please view and READ the Recommended Hardware post.

BigDave

FreeNAS Enthusiast
I'm procrastinating, I need to change out some power supplies today and of course clean too.
Gotta bad case of the DWTs :(

BigDave

FreeNAS Enthusiast

jgreco

Resident Grinch
Ah :smile: Well I can help eliminate distractions ... where's that "ban" button again... heh

Status
Not open for further replies.