Any plan implementing distributed file system option?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbaror

Contributor
Hello Dear Forum Members,

We are looking for distributed file system solution lately , we are using Freenas for many years in production
But recently we came to conclusion that to be able to grow scale up/out we must adapt distributed file system,
Now i know that question been asked in the past ,but just to know is it there any plan for implementing such as
Lustre, GlusterFS,Ceph,BeeGfs
Many organizations moves toward such filesystem , and as we are really happy with Freenas ,i think combining ZFS with such technology will be awesome.
I saw that combine of both zfs + distributed file system is giving great performance and scale out in the same time
http://blog.gluster.org/category/zfs/
Thanks

D

dlavigne

It's currently marked as future meaning the timeline will get reevaluated once 9.3 is out the door.

L

L

The gluster port is being worked on in the upstream, I follow that list and it looks to be close. There are a couple of the distros that use zfs that have already integrated luster for zfs on linux. I would definately add to any feature request that exist to help drive change.

It would be really cool to have a gui that just lets you continue to add additional systems and have a global name space.

Status
Not open for further replies.