Another OpenVPN question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fredde

Explorer
First if this post shouldnt be here move it to the right area!

Im trying to install OpenVPN into a own jail, where all my jails should connect to before they go out on the internet, but on my loacl network they should be as they are with local IP's (192.168.1.x).

I have looked at this post:
https://forums.freenas.org/index.ph...-6-with-access-to-remote-hosts-via-nat.22873/ but after what i can understand and what other people have said is that this guide forcing my jails to use VPN even on my local network?

Is there any guide on the web that does the following:

• FreeNAS Jails -> VPN -> Internet -> <- Secure Remote Acess to Plex and other jails

• FreeNas Jails -> Local Network -> No VPN (stays in same subnet as other computers on the network 192.168.1.x

I hope i explained this right and peeps understand what im trying to accomplish.

/ Fredde

Fredde

Explorer
So i should have all programs in the same jail to accomplish this? And thanks for the links

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Everything that can go in the one jail and use only the VPN for an internet connection should. It's a whole lot simpler than trying to make one jail connect to a VPN then route traffic out of one jail to another.

Status
Not open for further replies.