Another "can't get into Samba Share after upgrade" thread.

tyronebiggums

Dabbler
Greetings, everyone -

I’m experiencing the “can’t get into the Samba share from Windows 10” issue that seems to be prevalent. I had problems a year or so ago and I somehow got it working, couldn’t tell you how for a million bucks, though. I tried all of the stuff I could find before and no luck. I was having problems with Plex so I updated Truenas 12.8 to the latest version hoping I could install a new version of Plex. Wasn’t able to update Plex in 12.8 but then it broke Samba. So I upgraded to v13 so I downloaded and installed that. Uninstalled Plex and installed the newest version, redid the Samba setup, changed the user login from root and still can’t get in. I’m about to bash my head against a wall; what am I overlooking? As you can see in the pic below, I can log into the share in Windows (I was also able to on my Android phone) but I get the same thing saying that I can’t access the share.

I forgot to mention that Plex works great and can see everything it needs to in the volume but I just can't access it from my computers in order to add more files to it.

Attachments

• truenas.PNG
    truenas.PNG
    35.1 KB · Views: 29
Last edited: