AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4650G - boot loop

radomirpolach

Explorer
I had Ryzen 5 3600 and moved to AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4650G, with that CPU I have boot loop, after GRUB is started loading and reboots. I have several AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4650G here and I tried to use a different one and the behaviour is the same, so I definitely ruled out a bad CPU.

I would assume that TrueNAS runs on PRO processors without issues.

Also, 3600 is very similar to 4650G except for the GPU part.

artlessknave

Wizard
please check out the forum rules. answers on threads not following the basic rules tend to be.......limited.

radomirpolach

Explorer
I am not sure anything else is related, the NAS worked before the CPU was replaced.

I would most like to get some tips on how to recover TrueNAS, what is the recommended way to live-boot into TrueNAS to fix some drivers and other issues?

artlessknave

Wizard
live-boot
doesn't exist. truenas is a server appliance
fix some drivers
drivers are part of the build, if they don't work, they don't work.

truenas is usually recovered by restoring from backups, because it is an enterprise focused product that we are given access to.
I am not sure anything else is related
if you read the forum rules, you would know what is related, or, at least, what is asked for. many people here simply can't be bothered trying to help if you don't follow at least those basic directions.
remember, all volunteers here; you have to do enough of the work that someone will be interested in helping you. if we have to fight to get required info....