All my media suddenly disappeared!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FuKe

Dabbler
Hello everybody.

Today I decided that I wanted the miniDLNA plugin to work on my freenas 8.2.0 box. I found out, that there was an update for miniDLNA, so I decided to install the updated version. And after that, my /mnt/Disk1/Media folder was empty! (That folder contained a hell lot of music, pictures and tv shows before). How the hell can this happen?

I am so confused right now..

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Did you run any delete commands that included a mount point as a subfolder?

Are you looking in the jail or in the FreeNAS CLI?

FuKe

Dabbler
I deleted the mountpoint from /mnt/Disk1/Media -> /mnt/Disk1/jail/PluginJail/usr/pbi/minidlna-amd64/media, but that shouldn't delete the content of /mnt/Disk1/Media?

I'm looking through Windows Explorer.
I've now tried to look through FreeNAS CLI, by running cd /mnt/Disk1/Media and then running "ls" command, and it shows the Media folder is empty :(

cyberjock

Inactive Account
It looks like somewhere you deleted a subfolder or something that deleted the contents of /mnt/Disk1/Media. You DO have backups, right?

Edit: See my sig. It's there as a warning to others.

FuKe

Dabbler
I just don't understand how that happened..
And of course, I do not have any backups -_-

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Maybe try a reboot? Did you have snapshots on? Does the GUI show that the zpool is still full enough that your data is there somewhere?

Edit: I guess your name is what you're probably saying to yourself right now? Hey, someone has to crack a joke and try to cheer you up!

ProtoSD

MVP
What version of FreeNAS are you using, there was a known problem with one of the 8.2 pre-releases where if you deleted a mountpoint it would delete your data...

FuKe

Dabbler
What version of FreeNAS are you using, there was a known problem with one of the 8.2 pre-releases where if you deleted a mountpoint it would delete your data...

I'm running FreeNAS-8.2.0-RELEASE-p1-x64 (r11950)

Status
Not open for further replies.